Wednesday 11 March 2015

Mindset



Mindset


  A fixed mindset is where you think that you can't change your level of intelligence, and think having to work hard to get good grades makes you not smart. A growth mindset is the opposite, you know you can continue to learn and challenges and studying are things to make you smarter. I wonder if people can change from a fixed mindset to a growth mindset. I think I used to have a fixed mindset for a while, because I thought I was bad at stuff and couldn't get better.

  I think it's who is teaching us or parenting us also, because if you have a teacher/parent who thinks you can't change your level of intelligence, then you may start to believe the same thing, but if you have one who believes the opposite, then you may believe the opposite. It's better to have a growth mindset obviously, as you would love to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment